JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM!
KWSC is a not-for-profit organization that relies upon its volunteers to run efficiently. Your time and personal contributions make a difference to all of our membership. Volunteering has many personal rewards, and your involvement will help us achieve our goals and help control the costs of our programs.
Why become a KWSC volunteer?
- Enjoy social interaction, meet new people, and be part of a team
- Experience personal growth, learning and satisfaction
- Be a part of positive change in your community
- Pursue professional growth and development
- Create employment skills
- Expand your professional network
- Build your sense of connection with the skating community
- Apply your skills and learn new ones
- Build leadership skills, personal empowerment and self-esteem
- Seize an opportunity for giving, caring and community involvement
- Help skaters develop their love of skating and fulfill their dreams
- Complete education or work experience requirements
- Help reduce the cost of skating programs
- Have fun!
Please consider filling out a volunteer application form, or for more information about volunteer opportunities at KWSC please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Assistants are a very important part of our learn-to-skate programs.
PA roles and responsibilities:
- Set out the banners and toys at the beginning of the session
- Assist in clean up at the end of the session
- Help the skaters on and off the ice, assist the new skaters in standing, balancing and participating in warm up and cool down
- Assist in drawing the circuits as directed at the beginning of the session
- Assist the skaters on the 3 rotation circuits as directed by the Coach
- Monitor for safety and assist the skaters during warm up and cool down
- Be a role model for the skaters on the session
Why serve as a Program Assistant? Serving as a Program Assistant provides an opportunity for experienced skaters to improve their leadership skills, make new friends, and serve as role models for our new skaters.
Skaters considering this position may come from the KWSC Group STAR program, the STARSkate program or the Competitive program. Skaters may also come from the Community Hockey or Ringette programs or be former figure skaters.
KWSC will also sign off on high school volunteer hours.
Please consider joining our team. Our Learn-To-Skate programs need your help!
Candidates must demonstrate:
- A helping nature
- Patience with children
- An ability to communicate ideas clearly
- A sense of commitment to tasks
- Ability to lead activities in a creative and enthusiastic manner
- Be 12 years of age
KWSC Showcase Volunteers needed for March 26th, 2017 from 4-8pm
Volunteers needed for the following positions:
- Ticket Attendants
- Skater Supervisors
- Misc. duties
To register as a Showcase volunteer, please visit the KWSC Online Membership System, volunteer registration is listed as '2016/17 Showcase Volunteer Registration'.
Must be 14 years of age or older.