Effective April 1, 2017
|Free Skating||$12.00 per part|
|Dance||$12.00 per individual dance|
|Interpretive||$12.00 per test|
|Skating Skills||$12.00 per test|
Skate Canada Test Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Overview STAR 1-5 Content
- STAR 1-5 Equivalency
- STAR 1-5 Assessment Codes
- Assessment Sheets - STAR 1-5 Skills
- Assessment Sheets - STAR 1-5 Free Skate
- Assessment Sheets - STAR 1-5 Dance
STAR 1-5 Tests:
- A KWSC Coach is responsible for printing and filling out the Skate Canada Assessment Sheet and collecting test money from the skater/parent/guardian in advance of the test. The coach must also include their Skate Canada membership number on assessment sheet.
- The test is assessed by the coach, and can take place any time as discussed between the coach and skater.
- After the test is completed, the coach submits the collected money and completed assessment sheet in the KWSC Test Day Drop Box.
- The Coach shall email the KWSC Club Relations Coordinator to inform them that the assessment sheet and test day fee has been dropped in the Test Day Drop Box, copying the parent/guardian on the email. The KWSC Club Relations Coordinator will confirm that the submission has been collected copying both the coach and the parent or skater in her reply.
- The club will then forward the test form and payment to Skate Canada and if the test was passed record it on the skaters KWSC membership account.
STAR 6+ Tests:
- Online registration will open thirty (30) days before the formal test day, and remain open until fifteen (15) days before test day at 10:00 pm. Parents/guardians are to register and pay online. Please ensure the Partner (for Dances), No Music/Music (For Skills), and Title (for Interpretive) are mentioned in comments/notes before completing the payment.
- Coaches must ensure skaters or parent/guardian of skaters register for the proper test online through the KWSC Membership system. On the day the registration closes, coaches are to review the online registration of all their skaters.
- The Test Day schedule will be posted both online and around the rink once it is received from the KWSC test chairperson.
- All of these tests are conducted on scheduled club test days in front of judges.
For more information about the STARSkate Test Day Procedure, please contact the KWSC Club Relations Coordinator.